REHEARSALS HELD ON TUESDAY EVENINGS BEGINNING AUGUST 2ND
7:00PM - 9:00PM
Wilshire Baptist Church
4316 Abrams Road, Dallas, TX 75214
RECORDING WILL TAKE PLACE TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
REQUIREMENTS FOR SINGERS:
1) Good intonation—singing in tune.
2) Good blend.
3) Little or no vibrato. Choral vibrato, not solo vibrato.
4) Be able to learn notes at home from either provided rehearsal CD or piano so you can come prepared to finish the piece, ergo, sight-singing is helpful but not mandatory. You will know in advance what to learn for the next rehearsal.buy cheap Prednisone
5) If you can’t be there for all the rehearsals then don’t sign up. This isn’t church choir. We only have 6 rehearsals.
6) If you have the ability to work with the 2 tunes in the audition materials on the Eveningsong.com website starting at a pitch that fits your voice and sing the notes and rhythms a cappella with accuracy, you will have what it takes to sing with us.
7) I will need to hear your voice to know where you fit in a timber scheme. This will be done in a quick one on one session for those I have not worked with in the past. Then there will be a sectional listening for placement.
Rehearsals will be on Tuesday nights from 7 – 9pm in the Choir Suite at Wilshire Baptist Church, 4316 Abrams Rd, Dallas, TX 75214. We will begin on August 2nd, rehearse for 6 weeks, and record on the 13th of September.
We will provide the music and a rehearsal CD for your part, or you can download MP3’s if you prefer. You will provide a 3 ring binder, pencil, and an FM radio with ear buds to use for the recording. The rehearsal pieces will include the orchestra so you will be familiar with the accompaniment as you record. I will use an FM transmitter to send the cue to your radio. This will keep the chorus separate from the orchestra in the mix.
My contact information:
Cell no. 214-213-9829.
Last of all I need to emphasize that this is a recording project, not a performance, so getting it right is a must. Therefore, we need singers that are serious about being at rehearsals and preparing their music. While performances are very forgiving, microphones catch everything without mercy.